Content Tips for Boosting Online Visibility
“Content marketing is king,” as many digital marketers have said. But content itself doesn’t rule supreme; high quality content does. As search engine algorithms become more intelligent and businesses become more customer-oriented, publishing engaging material is imperative. Consider these 6 content tips for boosting online visibility and keeping your company at the top of its content strategy game:
- Get to know your audience. Your production teams need to go further than brainstorming about what they would do if they were a customer. Understand exactly what kind of person makes up the target market, what those individuals find interesting, and how the brand can enrich their lives. Big data and analytics allow companies of all sizes to find this information. Discover this first, and high quality content will follow.
- Focus on originality. You don’t have to come up with something ground breaking every time you post, but it does need to express your point of view and a new angle. If you copy and paste or write an article that looks and feels too similar to another, you may not get results – and you might suffer penalties. Make sure your content reflects your uniqueness in the industry.
- Post regularly, but allow for flexibility. Posting prolifically can lead to success as long as the material maintains originality and relevancy with your audience. For instance, if you post every day and your followers constantly get emails and alerts from your blog, newsletter, or brand journalism site, they might start to back away because of the sheer volume of articles. Instead, focus on writing only when you have something truly impactful to say, and optimize that piece of content to make it work.
- Keep placement and keywords in mind. Where you put your content can also determine its efficacy. For example, a beautifully written article may resonate well with your target market, but if it hasn’t been uploaded where your market spends the majority of its time, it may go unnoticed. Post and share content on strategically chosen sites, and use long-tail keywords to ensure the right people find it.
- The headline matters more than you know. About 80% of your audience will see your headlines, but only about 20% will delve deeper into the content. Entice audiences to take a second look with attention-grabbing, curiosity-provoking, and impactful headlines.
- Multimedia is greater than text alone. Digital content includes articles and blogs as well as images, infographics, short and long form videos, slideshows, and interactive content. People all have content preferences, and some prefer to mix it up. Expand your online material to include a variety of mediums, break up the text, and invite further engagement.
High quality content comes from a place of understanding and willingness to take some risks to increase visibility and drive ROI. Use these tips, make content actionable, and revisit posts that aren’t performing. It’s never too late to make high quality content work for you.
Want to Read More about Content Marketing?
Click image below to download eBook